Kudos 2 - SKY Paragliders
Because you can feel when a wing is a good fit
Are you excited for better performance, but your hands are still a little bit heavy after your paragliding course? Or, are you a leisure pilot who flies fewer days per year than you’d prefer… or maybe you just enjoy more serene flying? Then KUDOS 2 will be your number one choice. With high pitch and roll stability, this entry-level EN-B paraglider will bring you immediate trust and comfort from the pull-up and through your flight, even in rougher thermal conditions.
Well-proven technologies on your excellent performance
The 3D cut of the leading edge, introduced in 2004 by Sky Paragliders, has since been used on all our models and is one of the critical technologies applied on the KUDOS 2. Making the leading edge cleaner by shaping flat fabric into a 3D-curved leading-edge brings a significant aerodynamic improvement and helps boost performance.
The reinforced leading edge (RLE) of thin nylon rods creates a perfect flight shape and brings a forgiving nature during inflation and launch. What else would you need than a docile canopy that rises dutifully over your head?
Mini Ribs for a clean and coherent trailing edge that naturally helps to reduce drag and provide you with a smooth glide.
What about handling?
Responsive and agile brakes are prized and what you expect nowadays from a low B. Ability to react while you encounter your thermals is crucial. And that’s why whenever it comes to the fine-tuning of a new model, we can be pretty ruthless with our test pilots. Excellent handling is not only about the fact that the glider reacts swiftly to the brake input, but also how it reacts. We make a significant distinction between “change of course” and what deserves to be called a turn. We really push our test pilots until they find the most amicable possible balance between the roll and the yaw and insist on reaching the most progressive bank when tightening up the turn.
All it needs but only what it needs
Our philosophy has been to use all the technologies that can bring improvements to the behaviour and performance of the KUDOS 2 and disregard all of the needless gimmicks. This is the reason why, while using very durable materials (Skytex 38 Universal, Skytex 40 Hard) and only sheathed lines, we still manage to offer a lighter paraglider (all sizes under 5 kg). We’ve optimized the internal structure of the glider which has also helped to minimize its total weight.
As your glider may still suffer from some early bumps and bruises as you gain your skills, we decided to protect the leading edge by adding 8mm of fabric between nylon rods and the leading edge itself. You know how it is. Unpredictable gusts at launch or side wind when landing can roughly send the leading edge “nose down”. It’s not just an awful sound hitting your ears, but that “whack” can reduce the life of your wing. A modest 8mm of reinforcement helps your glider to extend its life further. Because you will not leave your KUDOS 2 so soon but this is another story ;).
KUDOS 2 will give you precisely what is needed for your first XC flights: Efficient brakes to handle thermals or those tight turns, excellent glide performance for your skill level to reach another side of the valley unless you just sink out A compact and coherent wing wrapped in a good portion of safety.
OK, so stop boasting and avoid all the overstatements that are commonly used. Let us say that the KUDOS 2 easily leads the way among the best wings in its category, and a bonus is the highest quality construction for which Sky Paragliders is well known.
The main distinctive features are:
- Entry-level EN-B paraglider with a high level of safety.
- KUDOS 2 is incredibly easy to take off and have high pitch and roll stability.
- 3D-curved leading-edge brings a significant aerodynamic improvement and helps boost performance.
- The reinforced leading-edge creates a perfect flight shape.
- Mini Ribs for a clean and coherent trailing edge.
- Responsive and agile brakes.
- Made of durable materials. It extends its utility value so you do not have to worry about difficult, stony launch sites.
- We decided to protect the leading edge by adding 8mm of fabric between nylon rods and the leading edge itself.
And on your first flights you will get KUDOS 2 with:
- Inner glider bag.
- EYRIE 2 backpack L. This is a comfortable and well-designed rucksack that will fit you well and comfortably carry your full kit, and more.
- SKY TEAM T-shirt. Our t-shirts are made at our manufacturing facility because quality is more than just the price for us. The t-shirts are made of cotton and bamboo yarns, designed, manufactured, and printed at Sky Paragliders.
- A handy kit a quick glider repair kit if something fails.
- And USB flash drive with a manual and a series of Sky Paragliders photos and videos.